Joker Live In Concert - The Film with Live Orchestra
The Film with Live Orchestra
This event was due to take place on 30/06/2020 – Original tickets remain valid.
Joker Live In Concert – The Film with Live Orchestra
Box Office: 6:30pm / Doors: 7:00pm / Show: 7:30pm
Age restriction: Strictly 15+
Joker, Film with Live Orchestra
See Tod Phillips’ acclaimed film accompanied by a Live Orchestra Performing The Award-Winning Score
Todd Phillips’ ground-breaking, award-winning film Joker will be screened with the accompaniment of a live orchestra playing composer Hildur Guðnadóttir’s award-winning score for the first time ever, for a limited engagement.
Central to the emotional journey, Joaquin Phoenix’s character Arthur Fleck takes throughout the movie is Guðnadóttir’s beautifully haunting, Golden Globe and BAFTA award-winning score. The fusion of looming industrial soundscapes with raw, emotive string-led melodies – led by a lone cello – creates a melancholic shroud pinpricked with moments of hope, which unfolds gradually to become a fever pitch of disquieting tension.
This extraordinary music will be brought to life by a full orchestra tocreate a vivid, visceral and entirely new Joker viewing experience. Performed live, Guðnadóttir’s inimitable score illuminates further the emotional weight, texture and atmosphere of Phoenix’s captivating portrayal.
The London opening of Joker – Live In Concert will be conducted by Jeff Atmajian – the conductor and orchestrator of the original soundtrack – with SENBLA’s Dave Mahoney conducting the UK Tour dates.
One of the most acclaimed young composers of her generation described by The Times as “music to Hollywood’s ear”, and the first-ever solo female winner of the Golden Globe for Best Original Score, Hildur Guðnado´ttir is also known as the Grammy-winning composer of HBO’s celebrated miniseries Chernobyl.
On Joker – Live In Concert, Hildur Guðnado´ttir said: “I’m thrilled to get to see and hear Joker in the cinema with a live orchestra. When we recorded the music, the orchestra brought such depth and detailed attention to the performances that we were all literally holding our breaths during most of the recording sessions. It was a beautiful trip. I’m so happy to get to go there again and for an audience to experience that too.”
Director Todd Phillips said: “I speak for the entire Joker team when I say how thrilled we are to be working with SENBLA and Ollie Rosenblatt on Joker – Live In Concert. I think it’s a wonderful way for audiences to experience Hildur Guðnado´ttir‘s haunting and immersive score while bearing witness to Joaquin Phoenix’s descent into madness as Arthur.”
Joker – Live In Concert is produced and promoted worldwide by Senbla and following its London opening will tour the UK and Europe before embarking on an international tour.
- Age restriction: Strictly 15+
- Under 18s to be accompanied by an adult 18+
- Box Office & Bars: 6:30pm / Doors: 7pm / Show: 7:30pm
- There is a lift for wheelchair users from Reception to the Lower Foyer with access to the Stalls.
- There is second lift with access to the Upper Foyer and Ballroom bars.
- The Balcony is stair access only.
- Wheelchairs can be accommodated next to the end of row seats of rows F to K in the Stalls only. Wheelchair companion seats are located in the last seat of the relevant row directly next to the wheelchair spaces. Also available are Disabled Carer tickets to accompany Registered Disabled patrons who are not wheelchair bound. Please call us on 01225 463362 to discuss your requirements.
- Full booking terms & conditions can be found here