This event has been rescheduled to 15th and 16th July 2022
All ticket holders have been contacted
Tickets remain valid for the rescheduled date
LIVE MUSIC RETURNS TO THE ROYAL CRESCENT IN BATH FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 17 YEARS
“…an irresistibly big-hearted comeback from a great performer.” – The Telegraph *****
“…an entertainer second to none.” – The Arts Desk ****
“…non-stop professional performance energy.” – The I News ****
“…moving hits from a cheeky performer.” – The Guardian
TICKET / IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- Tickets cannot be exchanged, refunded or returned unless the event is cancelled.
- There is no re-admission after entry. Please plan ahead because once you’re in, you’re in!
- Tickets are subject to a 10% per ticket fee
- Seats and chairs of any kind not permitted into the event. This includes seat sticks and inflatable seats. You are permitted to bring a blanket to sit on, although you may be asked to pack this up when the show starts.
- Rely on the British weather to be unpredictable so please come prepared with suncream and hats if the weather is good and waterproof coats and shoes if the weather is bad! No refunds will be given due to inclement weather.
- No large bags permitted into the events but you will be permitted to take small bags in with you. Small bags are classed as no larger than 35cm x 40cm x 19cm.
- No banners, flags or laser pens are permitted.
- No animals, with the exception of registered assistance dogs, are not permitted in the Event.
- The unauthorised use of photographic, video and/or sound recording equipment is prohibited and such items may be confiscated and any tapes or films destroyed.
- Food & Drink
- No food or drink is permitted to be brought into the events (with the exception of water in unopened plastic containers of up to 500ml, and baby food where not in glass containers) but there will be a range of food and drink available to purchase on site.
- There will be free drinking water on site.
- Gates open: 6pm
- E-tickets must be printed
- If you opt for collection, please collect your ticket from Bath Box Office prior to the event (please check opening times)
ABOUT THE EVENT
Grammy-award winning global megastar Michael Bublé will herald the return of live music for the first time in 17 years to the stunning Royal Crescent, Bath, as he performs a spectacular summer open-air concert, kicking off his 2020 ‘An Evening with Michael Bublé’ UK tour.
The show on Friday 24th July will take place at one of Britain’s most recognisable landmarks, with the stage set on the private lawns of the Royal Crescent against the iconic backdrop of the 30 Grade I Listed terrace houses.
It is without doubt one of the greatest examples of Georgian architecture anywhere in the UK and is an important part of why City of Bath as a whole was awarded UNESCO World Heritage Site status in 1987.
Now, for this rare occasion, the venue will be transformed for what will be a dazzling evening of live music.
Set to be some of the most vocally and visually stunning concert shows of 2020, the forthcoming ‘An Evening with Michael Bublé’ summer tour will blend his world-class showmanship with the impressive grandeur of magnificent venues, for an unforgettable musical experience.
Michael Bublé is without a doubt one of the best entertainers in the world. He connects with an audience like no other. The “irresistibly big-hearted” (Telegraph) performer oozes genuine charisma, velvety vocals and smooth moves. Michael has already completed six sold-out world tours, won four Grammy Awards and sold over 60 million records over the course of his extraordinary career.
Bublé’s shows will be the first at the Royal Crescent since the world-famous shows in 2003, when The Three Tenors performed to mark the completion of Bath’s Millennium Project and the opening of the Thermae Bath Spa.
Richard Hall, who first proposed the concert and is a director of local business group Bath Percent Club, said: “As a World Heritage City, Bath offers a spectacular setting for world class performance. We hope that the added benefit of this event will be to open up more music opportunities for local children as well as to develop new commercial opportunities for local businesses.”
Promoter Ollie Rosenblatt, MD of Senbla said, “I’m so delighted to be bringing Michael Bublé to the iconic, unique and stunning Bath Royal Crescent. There really is nowhere like it in the country. It’s the most magnificent backdrop for this spectacular artist and concert.
When I was approached by Bath I knew I had to deliver a very special event and I’m delighted to have been able to secure a world class artist for this iconic location. We have been working closely with the Bath Percent Club, The Royal Crescent Society, The Marlborough Buildings Residents Association, the Council, and others to help make this extremely special and we will continue to do so.
It is a great privilege to bring this to Bath and to deliver it in a way that will be unique and “by Bath for Bath.” I’m very grateful for their support.”
Nicola Isherwood and Steven Huard on behalf of the residents, added: “The Royal Crescent is an iconic location deserving the very best of events and artists. We are therefore delighted that Michael Bublé will be opening his 2020 concert tour here and are very supportive of the way it will be delivered: by Bath, for Bath with local traders and businesses being given the opportunity to be a part of this special event.”
Martin Shields, Bath & North East Somerset council’s Corporate Director, said: “This is fantastic news for Bath and we are delighted that the promoter Senbla, supported by The Bath Percent Club and local resident groups, has secured an impressive international artist to perform in our city. Looking ahead, the concert complements an already exciting diary of events in Bath for 2020.”