An Evening with The Waterboys
UK tour announced for October 2021
Few bands have as great a live reputation as The Waterboys. From their mid-1980s “big music” period through the influential mix of Celtic, gospel and country on their classic Fisherman’s Blues tours, to the hundreds of brilliant shows accompanying the last decade’s run of supremely in-form albums from 2011’s An Appointment With Mr Yeats to this summer’s Good Luck, Seeker The Waterboys have consistently blended tightness, inspiration and improvisation to reach heights of performance few other acts can. Led by mercurial and brilliant Scottish guitarist/vocalist Mike Scott, the 2020 version of the band features the established line-up of Memphis keyboard great “Brother” Paul Brown, Irish electric fiddler Steve Wickham, ace British drummer Ralph Salmins and funky Irish bassman Aongus Ralston.
The popular reach of Waterboys music has never been greater. Their songs have been performed by artists as varied as Prince, The Killers and U2, all of whom have performed their classic The Whole Of The Moon; and Fiona Apple who masterfully recorded the song last year; Ellie Goulding, who scored a top 3 UK hit with “How Long Will I Love You”; indie rockers The War On Drugs, Dawes and The Mystery Jets; and classic singers Rod Stewart and Tom Jones. “The Whole Of The Moon” also featured in last year’s smash Netflix film Let It Snow and top HBO series The Affair. Waterboys music shows no sign of fading, and the best place to experience it is played by the originators in a concert hall. Come and feel the fire!
Tickets go on sale for their 2021 tour on Friday 23 October, 10am
- Please Note: Under 18’s to be accompanied by an adult 18+
- Doors: 7:30pm / Show: 8pm
- Box Office is open on performance days approx. 1 hour prior to the performance for purchasing and collecting tickets.
- There is a lift for wheelchair users from Reception to the Lower Foyer with access to the Stalls.
- There is second lift with access to the Upper Foyer and Ballroom bars.
- The Balcony is stair access only.
- Wheelchairs can be accommodated next to the end of row seats of rows F to K in the Stalls only. Wheelchair companion seats are located in the last seat of the relevant row directly next to the wheelchair spaces. Also available are Disabled Carer tickets to accompany Registered Disabled patrons who are not wheelchair bound. Please call us to discuss this – 01225 463362
- Full booking terms & conditions can be found here.