For our long-awaited return to live singing, Bath Bach Choir presents Midsummer Vespers, a sacred programme with a light touch and a contemplative mood. Fanning out around the vibrant new space of Bath Abbey, we will be creating an atmospheric theatre of sound, with a mix of music early and modern by Tallis, Morales, Guerrero, Buxtehude, Rossini, Faure, Gjeilo and Rachmaninov. Young soloists Katie Bunney (saxophone) and Cassandra Dalby (mezzo-soprano) will join us on our journey back into the light, with Huw Williams to accompany and Nigel Perrin sculpting the sounds in this, his 31st year as music director of Bath Bach Choir.
- The programme will last approx. 70 minutes, with no interval.
- The audience will be spaced according to the prevailing regulations.
- Additional seating may therefore become available if restrictions ease.
- SINGLE SEATS: Please do not book a single seat next to a sold seat (marked as a grey dot).
- SEAT GROUPS: Please try and book your seats within set groups of seats where possible.
- Staggered arrival times – please arrive as close to the following times as possible to assist with social distancing: South Aisle 30 / Nave 25 / North Aisle 10 minutes prior to start time.
- All government Covid-19 guidelines will be followed.
- All members of the audience will be requested to scan the QR code on arrival. Those unable to do so will be asked to supply their contact details to support NHS Test & Trace measures.