Unfortunately MISSRED the Musical has been cancelled.
Please see message below from the team:
Having a cast of over 60 adults and children, with some who have already tested positive with Covid-19, there is an increasing risk of the spread of infection and the need to isolate. Therefore we have had to take the tough, but right, decision to cancel our musical next month.
Like the spirited Fran Ethel Red we will be resilient and try again!
We look forward to bringing MISSRED to The Forum soon.
Please join us then. Thank you for your support.
To quote a song from the show “Dare We?” YES.
DARE WE PRODUCTIONS
sponsored by The Forum
present the new family musical
By Lawman, Finch, Coleman and Cory
(formerly known as The Freckles Effect – The Edinburgh Festival Fringe.)
With a cast of over 50 young performers and adults, this is going to be a vibrant and exciting new family musical featuring the top talent from Bath and surrounding areas.
Director: Tristan Carter
Dance Directors: Tillie Jarvis & Annette Hind
Original Choreography by: The Dorothy Coleborn School of Dance
Musical Director: Matt Finch
Please read important booking information at bottom of page.
Set in 1930s England, Fran Ethel Red, born and then fostered many times in Bristol, is about to go on a journey…. Not on her imaginary ship with its crew of friends as she regularly does but this time, she is literally off to explore new horizons.
It might seem like yet another foster placement but this one is going to be different! It’s in South Devon on the coast. She will get to see the sea of her dreams. But how long will Miss Red last there? The odds are not good. Although Fran loves the beautiful surroundings, she fears that the people will turn out to be the same as before. Few, if any, have taken the time to discover what is beneath her feisty, lively and enquiring persona.
“Some kids are mis-understood, I’m Miss Red!”
Miss Red’s arrival in the close-knit community causes dismay, curiosity and will ultimately create divisions. Will this boisterous live-wire only shock and outrage or can she also spark new vitality and warmth in some of the troubled and unfulfilled populous?
Join Fran on her voyage of discovery.
Meet some of the “kids” who look forward to joining the adults in rehearsal for MISSRED.
Including Jemima Penny, who was on VOICE KIDS UK 2020. Now playing one of the lead “kids” Clara Rathbourn in MISSRED. Clara takes a disliking to the newcomer MISS RED with disturbing consequences.
***** “a sure fire hit, not to be missed!”
– British Theatre Guide – Edinburgh Festival Fringe, 2016
- This event is being sold as a socially distanced event at the present time, but should government guidelines allow, socially distanced seating may not be in place at the time of the event.
- When you click ‘Book Now’, please choose the quantity of seats you require and in which area (Stalls/Circle)
- When you click ‘Continue’ you can amend the ticket type (Adult/Under 18/Over 60) using the dropdown against each seat.
- The system will allocate you the best available, socially distanced, seats.
- You will not be able to choose from the seating plan.
- If you need to amend the number of seats you have selected, please click ‘Basket’ at the top of the page, press ‘Delete’ and restart your selection.
- You must only book seats as your legitimate Household or Support Bubble groups.
- The Forum and the event will follow all appropriate guidance at the time of the event, this may include releasing further seats for sale.
- Face coverings – are required to be worn at the time of writing. We understand that in settings where face coverings are required, there are some circumstances where people may not be able to wear a face covering, or fall outside of current Government Guidelines. If you can wear a face covering, please do so.
- If you have any queries, please telephone the box office on 01225 463362 or email us – [email protected]
- Please read The Forum Covid-19 Guidelines here
- Under 18’s to be accompanied by an adult 18+
- Approx. run time: 2 hours
- Babes in arms may sit on their parent/carer’s lap however anyone aged 2 or above must have their own ticket and a reserved seat, please note duration of show.
- Box Office is open on performance days approx. 1 hour prior to the performance for purchasing and collecting tickets.
- There is a lift for wheelchair users from Reception to the Lower Foyer with access to the Stalls.
- There is second lift with access to the Upper Foyer and Ballroom bars.
- The Balcony is stair access only.
- Wheelchairs can be accommodated next to the end of row seats of rows F to K in the Stalls only. Wheelchair companion seats are located in the last seat of the relevant row directly next to the wheelchair spaces. Also available are Disabled Carer tickets to accompany Registered Disabled patrons who are not wheelchair bound. Please call us on 01225 463362 to discuss your requirements.
- Full booking terms & conditions can be found here.