This year, we shall be offering our New Generation Artists their very own cover showing of our main stage opera, Pagliacci. They will have the opportunity to work with prestigious director Christopher Luscombe over a few days to bring this wonderful opera to life, accompanied by Oliver Gooch and a small instrumental ensemble from CHROMA.
We have made the prices for this performance extremely accessible, giving newcomers the perfect occasion to experience the power of opera in a unique setting.
- Conductor: Oliver Gooch
Director: Christopher Luscombe
About the New Generation Programme
In addition to its acclaimed productions, Iford Arts has run its New Generation Artists Programme since 2010 – a bespoke training programme that gives invaluable opportunities to young directors, conductors, designers, musicians, technical staff and stage managers. Many of our alumni have become ‘family members’ of Iford Arts, climbing the musical ladder from the ensemble to principal artist. The annual Cooper Hall residency, led by Morag McLaren, remains a much-valued aspect of the training programme. By supporting our artists, both musically and pastorally, we aim to enhance and further unlock their creative potential as well as introduce the opera industry to many bright stars of the future.
For information on priority booking please visit the Iford Arts Support Us pages, or call the box office to become a Friend.
Booking & Event Information
£29 (undercover – Band A)
£22-£18 (under the stars – Bands B & C)
Gates open: 45 minutes before start time. Please note: there is no picnicking at this event.
Running time approx: 1hr 20mins
Under 18s go free: Up to two free Young Adult tickets per Full price ticket. Discount will apply automatically when appropriate tickets are added to the basket. Subject to availability.
- All events at Belcombe Court are being sold as socially distanced events at the present time
- You must only book seats as your legitimate Household or Support Bubble groups, if your party is made up of different ‘bubbles’ please book each group separately.
- Click ‘Book Now’, (if you have priority booking, please enter the Priority Booking code you were given where prompted)
- Choose the quantity of seats you require and in which Price Band (if applicable)
- When you click ‘Continue’ you can amend the ticket type (Full Price/Child/Young Adult if applicable) using the dropdown against each seat
- The system will allocate you the best available, socially distanced, seats.
- You will not be able to choose from a seating plan.
- If you need to amend the number of seats you have selected, please click ‘Basket’ at the top of the page, press ‘Delete’ and restart your selection.
- If you would like to make a booking for more than one event, or for more than one household/bubble, please add your tickets to the basket and continue to add tickets.
- If you have a Bath Box Office account from previous bookings, please login when prompted. If you do not have an account, simply Register for a New Account on the checkout page.
- If you have any queries with your order, please don’t hesitate to contact Bath Box Office, either by phone 01225 463362 or via email [email protected]
- E-Tickets (preferred) you will receive an email confirmation and a further email containing your e-tickets – please check your spam/junk folders if these don’t arrive in your inbox. There is the option to have your tickets posted to you at a charge of £1.50. If this is your preference, please select this option at checkout. Please note postal tickets will be sent closer to the time of the event.
- At the present time Bath Box Office are not operating counter sales.
Important Terms and Conditions
- All tickets are non-refundable. Tickets may be returned to the box office to be resold. BBO can only offer this service if an event is sold out (£2 fee). Please note any transaction, booking or postage fees are always non-refundable.
- In addition to the above, we have added some COVID-specific elements. These include not being able to accept the return of seats that are part of a ‘Household Bubble’ – e.g. one seat in a pair, or similar. This is to ensure that social distancing can be maintained. However, we will endeavour to be as helpful as logistically possible under the circumstances.
- Tickets can be exchanged to a different production put on by the same promoter; this is subject to availability and must be done through Bath Box Office. Any difference in price will be charged, if the tickets are cheaper any difference will be lost.
- Unsold tickets may be offered for resale at whatever price may seem appropriate, or if unsold, allocated free of charge to stewards, press etc. to avoid unoccupied seats.
Covid safety measures
- At present we plan that social distancing provisions will be introduced across the site; we will decide on operational details closer to the time, in line with guidelines – e.g. masks may be required in or around our auditorium, contact points reduced, electronic communication will be used where possible, hand sanitiser will be available.
- At the present time we are unable to offer Patrons coffee in the interval.
- Should Government guidance be introduced relating to vaccinations and public events in due course, we will follow these as appropriate.
Images of the Saddlespan at Belcombe